Kalamaki area harmoniously combines all the elements of the Greek summer: The Sun and the sea, the freshness of Nature, the cosmopolitan life along with the serenity and calmness.
This area, created after Laganas became a famous tourist resort, provides the perfect place for rest and recreation.
Life at Kalamaki is considered to be cosmopolitan but of a milder nature compared to the "heart" of Laganas. Kalamaki is ideally located a very short distance from the airport and the town of Zakynthos (about 10 min. by car). The visitor can shop whatever may be needed at the local market.
One of the "strong points" of the area is considered to be the wide, sandy, shallow beach (very nice for children), neighbouring to the beach of Laganas. The area is under the protection of the National Marine Park of Zakynthos, as it is the place where the famous Caretta - caretta turtle comes to lay its eggs in the hot, soft sand each summer. Every road in the area leads to the beach , so you won ' t have to look at your map !
- Distances to be Covered:
- To the beach: 250 m
- To the nearest shops: 100 m
- To the center of Laganas: 3 km
- To the airport: 6 km
- To the town of Zakynthos - port: 7 km
- Directions (if you are renting a car from the airport)
- 1.Follow the main road out of the airport.
- 2.After about 500 metres you will see a sign to turn right towards Kalamaki. Turn.
- 3.After a further 300 metres, you will see another sign for Kalamaki and you turn right again.
- 4.Follow the road until you come to a T-Junction and when you get to the end, turn left.
- 5.Immediately you will see a road on the right with a sign for Dennys Inn. Take this turning.
- 6.Follow the road and after about 250 metres you will see another sign for Dennys Inn. Turn right there and it will lead you to the entrance.